Herbert Hoover Elementary
445 East Charleston Road
Palo Alto, CA 94306
- Compare with other schools in Palo Alto
- Compare with nearby schools
- School Type: Elementary Schools (Public)
- District: Palo Alto Unified
- Grades: K-5
2016 CAASPP Test Score Details:
|Grade||Test Type||Mean Score||Exceeded|
- Asterisk "*" indicates scores are not available (too few) 'none'
|Two or More Races||13.01%|
|Hispanic or Latino||7.4%|
Kindergarten Immunization Information:
(2014-15 School Year)
(2014-15 School Year)
- Up-to-date Immunizations: 96% (55)
- Conditional admission: 0% (0) 6
- Medical exemptions: 0% (0)
- Personal Belief exemptions: 4% (2)
- Religious Belief exemptions: 4% (2)
Almond Elementary rank: 10 in Los Altos
Ardis G. Egan Junior High rank: 10 in Los Altos
Barron Park Elementary rank: 8 in Palo Alto
Bullis Charter rank: 10 in Los Altos
Crittenden Middle rank: 9 in Mountain View
David Starr Jordan Middle rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Duveneck Elementary rank: 10 in Palo Alto
El Carmelo Elementary rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Escondido Elementary rank: 10 in Stanford
Fairmeadow Elementary rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Gabriela Mistral Elementary rank: 9 in Mountain View
Greendell rank: none in Palo Alto
Henry M. Gunn High rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Independent Study Program rank: none in Mountain View
Jane Lathrop Stanford Middle rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Juana Briones Elementary rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Los Altos High rank: 10 in Los Altos
Lucille M. Nixon Elementary rank: 10 in Stanford
MVWSD Home & Hospital rank: none in Mountain View
Mariano Castro Elementary rank: 5 in Mountain View
Monta Loma Elementary rank: 7 in Mountain View
Ohlone Elementary rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Palo Verde Elementary rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Santa Rita Elementary rank: 10 in Los Altos
Stevenson Elementary rank: 10 in Mountain View
Terman Middle rank: 10 in Palo Alto
Theuerkauf Elementary rank: 6 in Mountain View
Walter Hays Elementary rank: 10 in Palo Alto
- California School Ratings (CSR) computes percentiles in this way:
- For a given grade level, all Math scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- For a given grade level, all English scores are put into an ordered list and a percentile is calculated for each score, based its position in the list.
- Math and English percentiles from (a & b above) are weighted, based on the number of students who completed each type of test, to create a combined Math+English weighted percentile for each school.
- The combined Math+English weighted percentiles are put into an ordered list for the particular type of school (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) and a percentile-within-the-school-type is calculated.
- How percentiles work: the school percentile is a number between 0 and 100 that reflects the percentage of schools of the same type (elementary/middle/high school/K-12) in California that have an equal or lower combined Math+English weighted percentile (from 1-c above). For example, a school in the 70th percentile would have a combined weighted percentile that was equal to or better than 70% of the other schools of the same type.
- The CSR Rank is determined by a school's percentile in comparison to other schools of the same type in California (from 1-d above). (1 is the worst, 10 is the best). Schools in the 90th percentile and above have rank 10, 80%-89.999% rank 9 and so on. A similar number of schools occupy each rank. * This rank is derived from data in the 2016 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
- Alternative Schools receive percentiles, but are not ranked
- More information: 2016 CAASPP Paper-based Test Results